Friday 2 November 2012

Flashback Friday - Halloween one year on...


This is a picture from Halloween last year. Life in general was very spooky then; the company i worked for was going under and I had just found out I was pregnant. Our  pregnancy although very welcome was never planned so that was another scary factor, one day I was looking for another job to keep on working with events and on the next I was facing the fact that I was pregnant and soon to be unemployed.
At that time I wasn't yet worried about the fact that I would soon become a mum and have this little life in my hands, someone who would be 100% dependent on me, a life-changing addition to my own life. No, by then I was more worried about how I was going to get through pregnancy and be able to buy all the stuff you need to buy AND move to a bigger flat if I was soon to loose my job? Worse, how was I to get a new job if I was pregnant?
This picture was taken at a friend's Halloween party. It was the very first time my other half ever dressed up for Halloween and I must say I actually think he had fun. On the way to the party people kept on looking at him with surprise and he would laugh. I particularly remember this girl - she must have been at least 30 - who kept on looking outside the bus and covering her face with her hands in order not to look at him.
The spookiest thing about that night? A completely stranger announced my pregnancy to the whole party. He is friend's with one of my former work colleagues - at that time,  apart from our families, only the 3 people who shared the office with me actually knew about the baby - and she told them about this girl in the office who got pregnant just a few weeks after stop taking the pill. That was a very surreal moment if ever so slightly embarrassing. Looking back, even though he was rather drank actually was quite a sweet thing he done.

This post is for the Flashback Friday hosted by

laurensflashbackbadge1

flashbackbadge1




3 comments:

  1. his make up is amazing and surprisingly smudge free! did it stay like that by the end of the evening?
    i love the photos in your blog header - awww what a gorgeous little boy :)
    thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny, it was fun to do the make up but it didn't really stay on for long as he never shaved before it but it was fun anyways. Thank you, I find him gorgeous myself but I'm the mum lol...I do love photography and he has certainly become my favorite subject.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your story and comments so why not leave us a message?