Friday 31 May 2013

A healthy treat and my baby weight.

 
So I finally managed to take a step until loosing my pregnancy weight. I have lost about a stone so far and in general I feel a lot more energetic, even with the never ending sleepless nights. I was doing really well with my healthy eating until I caught a cold about month and a half ago and things well down hill from then. Mind you the healthy eating went a bit down hill but the weight loss actually kept on going, mainly because I still breastfeeding and that alone burns 500 calories a day so it is as if I've been eating naughty food but kept on exercising daily.
 
On the past week I finally managed to once again make the effort and get back into my healthy eating, that means cooking and bringing packed lunch as well as all the snacks for my day at the office.
 
I do work with a bunch of really nice people and working in the food and drinks industry means that a lot of us are big time foodies, that includes me. The majority of those really nice people are very skinny as well and tend to snack through the day.
 
I failed miserably on staying away from the treats draw in the office kitchen and just felt horrible and sluggish on the end of my working day, so off to the web I went to find a nice healthy treat that I couldn't bring with me to work as that way if I do loose control at least I'm not eating rubbish stuff that I don't know what is in it. Of course the idea is not to lose control but a backup plan is always good :-)
 
These no bake nut butter fudges are packed full of protein to keep you going through the day, a great pick me up for that afternoon energy low. It took me about 2 minutes to put it all together and I left it in the freezer overnight. Done!
 
Almond Butter Fudge
recipe from http://www.beyonddiet.com where I get lots of my healthy eating ideas from
 
Ingredients
1/3 cup coconut oil
2/3 cup almond butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup sifted cocoa powder
I didn't have enough almond
butter and cocoa powder so added an extra spoon of peanut butter and it came
out perfect.
 
Directions
In a bowl add almond butter, coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir together until creamy. Add sifted cocoa powder and stir in until mixed well. Spread fudge mixture into pan.
Place pan/mold into freezer and freeze for 3 hours. Cut into squares - I divided the squares in half, rolled each half into a ball and rolled the ball in dry unsweetened coconut...scrumptious!!!
 
I made a batch last night and took to work today, they are so indulgent I no longer envy the people who can feast on stuff from the treats draw.  


Sent from Samsung Mobile

2 comments:

  1. These look so good ! I just spent a fortune in my local health food store on things that look exactly like these ! I'll make them from home next time :)
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. these things can be really pricey in the shops. I'm out to buy more almond butter next week and get my second batch ready.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your story and comments so why not leave us a message?