Tuesday 8 September 2009

Rolled all day breakfast pizza

Last week I saw Jamie Oliver on the "Best of Saturday Kitchen" making this bread recipe for brunch...it was his own taking on English breakfast as stuffing for bread...very interesting - I thought – must try soon.
After a very tiring week I decided to try the recipe but it ended up being our dinner as we had a very weird and lazy Saturday.
Not very sure of the recipe for the bread dough I decide to buy ready made pizza dough but on a better day I’ll be trying with home made recipes and the lot hehehe
Well…Jamie Oliver uses Parma Ham e sun dry tomatoes; the first one I find too salty and the second one my hubby finds too strong, so I changed it to lean bacon (weight watchers ones) and fresh peppers finely cut.
Anyways this is so easy and all you have to do is put in your favourite flavours

1 tin of ready made pizza dough, or enough home made pizza dough to cover a rectangular baking trail.
½ red pepper finely cut (or you could mix colours as well)
Chopped tomatoes (I used tinned ones, just on tomatoes juice)
3 hard boiled eggs
1 ball of mozzarella
4 rashers of lean bacon
Some fresh basil and spring onion
Dry oregano and ground pepper to season
Olive oil to glaze
A handful of cheese of your choice



Flour a flat surface and open the dough on a rectangular shape, spread the chopped tomatoes over 1/3 of the dough, leaving enough of it to roll over after. Add bacon, mozzarella, peppers, eggs and top it with basil, oregano, spring onion and pepper. Fold the dough over the filling then stuff the edges with some mozzarella as they usually stay empty. Curl into a circle and spread olive oil on the top. Sprinkle some oregano then bake it for 25 minutes on 200C. Stop half way and sprinkle some cheese on the top to melt.




The result was deliiiiiiiiiicius but next time I’ll try to make the dough on a circle shape and just fold in half as it should make the dough a bit crisper.

The dish on its own is a whole meal but I think green salad would probably be a good suggestion with it!!!



TOP TIP – because I never manage to use up a whole bunch of spring onion in a couple of days I usually wash, chop then freeze them, this way I can use the spring onion slowly. Of course is a lot better for warm dishes, just add at the end and the heat will bring them back to life. But you can also use on cold ones, just add the spring onion right at the beginning and that will give is time to defrost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your story and comments so why not leave us a message?