Tuesday 23 August 2011

baked pear and the perfect excuse!


I always wished I could swap dinner for dessert and this week I found just the right excuse for that!
I have been running a bit low in energy and my dear acupuncturist and friend from Brazil recommended that for about a month I should avoid raw foods and eat everything cooked and warm. It seems to be working well as I have only started that 4 days ago and yesterday I was up at 5:30am without my alarm or anything, by 6am i was at the front room with the wii fit on and a good early morning half an hour work out.
I am having a full on week at work with events every day after office hours so I had to find a solution to avoid skipping dinner and still eat natural nutritious and warm foods. 
At dinner time I usually have about 4 to 5 portion of protein (1oz of protein each portion) as well as 1 to 2 portions of carbs and I was trying to keep that same proportion in mind.
The whole idea came together only too well and I found out that baked pears and greek yogurt makes a luxurious dish.
1 pear
2 tbsp nut butter - I used raw pecan butter
4oz organic Greek yogurt
Cut the pear in half and pop in the microwave skin down for about 30 seconds on medium heat- I was in the office and had to use the microwave but at home I would've use the oven. Top it up with the nut butter and the Greek yogurt. I don't really think you need anything else on this dish but feel free to use some raw honey if you have a sweet tooth!
Simple but delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your story and comments so why not leave us a message?