Thursday 27 June 2013

What has made me happy - #R2BC

Father's day @ Sea Life London
I find is always good to stop and reflect on good things life bring your way, it's only very easy to get caught up on the wave of bad and inconvenient things that happen everyday, it can be hard to keep things in perspective.

At the moment I feel extremely grateful for having the opportunity to meet up with my brother and sister after 3 years away. We used to go to Brasil (sorry I can't write that with the Z) every two years and between pregnancy, redundancy and a new job we end up never travelling passed September 2011. My mum came over for Harry's birthday and stayed with us for a couple of months- great help - but apart from that I haven't seen anyone from my family since July 2013.

With Harry's birthday arriving we have been lucky enough to receive two visitors who, as the rest of the family, were crazy to meet Harry in person and give him loads of cuddles. My sister spent two weeks with us and my brother arrived on the day of Harry's birthday party and stayed with us for a week. I loved having them around PLUS it was just brilliant to have some free baby sitters. Our lill guy of course had the best time with lots of people to give him all the attention in the world, just the ticket.

It was sad to see them leaving, specially my brother who I have always felt very close, even when I moved to London and it wasn't long before he moved to Canada and became the one person in my family who actually understand what it meant to me when I left it all being to live in the UK. Hopefully it won't be long until we meet again, 3 year was far too much time to spend away from those that I love. 


Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart
You're not from round here


4 comments:

  1. Lou's Lake Views28 Jun 2013, 03:38:00

    The joys of the expat life, I had the exact same bitter sweet feelings when my sister came to visit me in Canada in April. Lovely to see them but hard to say goodbye

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes and I think little Harry felt the same as he spent a couple of
    days looking around the corners in the house to find his uncle. Particularly
    hard when you come from such a large family the guilt of keeping him apart from
    them always get into me a little bit...that life though right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mitch, thanks for stopping by, is always lovely yo have the family around isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got to see your family. I spent this week with my family who we do not see very often.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your story and comments so why not leave us a message?