Thursday 20 January 2011

The smell of good things to do

It looks like there are a few changes coming up on the horizon and that feel sooo good!
I love starting the year with the idea that a new life is indeed something possible.
For now all i can say is that life keeps on going and things a really busy but I jut feel lucky!!

Just because I'm talking about good things I thought I would post something really nice and comforting...
I loooove these brigadeiros (brasilian chocolate fudges), they are a most definitely must have on any kid's party in Brasil - any of my nieces would probably make a naughty comment if they've attended a birthday party brigadeiroLESS. So simples to make and so delicious to have they take me straight back to my childhood and therefore,  back to my sweet sweet home...haven't had any of it for a while and these pics are from a day when I made some for a work colleague that was going on maternity leave.

BRIGADEIRO

1 can of condensed milk (Carnation milk but be careful, not the evaporated one, it has to be condensed)
1 to 1 and 1/2 tbsp of cocoa (it depends on how strong and dark you like your brigadeiro, you can use hot chocolate powder here as well instead of cocoa)
1tbsp of butter

just mix everything in a saucepan (not a very thin one or the bottom will burn) keep on stirring over medium heat until just before boiling point and you can see the bottom of the pain (like when making fudge)

you can also make it on the microwave, just mix everything in a tall microwavable glass dish and cook in medium power for about a minute...then for about another 3 to 5 minutes but stopping every now and then when the fudge rises, to mix it up again and it will go down.

NOW...you can just eat it with a spoon, which is what I used to do when I was a teenager and had a really bad craving for something sweet. OOORRR yo can leave it to cool and roll little balls then cover then with chocolate sprinkles... aren't them cute???

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your story and comments so why not leave us a message?