Sunday 5 June 2011

Let's brunch


I woke up very late today and fancied omelets for breakfast. Unfortunately I didn't have any baked beans but looking around the cupboard and fridge I thought that at almost 2pm, brunch was in order. 

Breakfast burritos my way - for 2

2 wholemeal tortillas
2 tbsp re-fried beans (on the rush I used tinned ones)
1/2 red onion (chopped)
1 large roasted pepper in brine and vinegar (chopped)
2 eggs
1 tbsp fajitas seasoning
a splash of milk

OMELET - beat the eggs with a splash of milk, salt and pepper and the fajita seasoning.  Using a non stick pan, fry the omelet and stuff it with cheese, smocked sausages and olives (that's what I had at home but the great thing with omelets is that you can always play around and add whatever you fancy). ONE IMPORTANT TIP IS NOT TO COOK IT FOR TOO LONG SO THAT IT KEEPS ITS JUICES

re-fried beans -  fry the half onion in a couple of oil sprays. add the pepper then stir in the beans and add a splash of water to make is creamy. 

warm up the tortillas, cut the omelet into 4 slices and serve them inside the tortillas with the beans on the side. You could also cut into more slices and roll the tortilla up. I know, that does not sound like breakfast burritos at all but I like to full myself sometimes!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your story and comments so why not leave us a message?